Updating fafsa form

We advise that you submit your FAFSA before the February 15 priority date.

Once married, you can change your marital status on the FAFSA and retain your priority status.

What to change on your FAFSA: Follow these instructions carefully to avoid delays.

Your updated FAFSA will be rejected by the federal processor, but that’s okay.

See dates and deadlines » WSU’s School Code: 003800 Fill out the FAFSA .

Instead of providing the current year’s income information, you will use financial information from the previous year’s completed tax filing.

We will watch for the new FAFSA transaction and will do a comparison of your financial aid eligibility before and after you made the changes.

The counselor reviewing your FAFSA will consider several items, including, but not limited to: If the counselor accepts the marital status change, the “rejected” status of the FAFSA will be fixed, and you’ll be notified by the federal processor that a correction has been made.

If your income is not similar, use the Income Estimator for assistance estimating your adjusted gross income, and answer the remaining questions about your income to the best of your ability.If you’re a dependent student who will marry after submitting the FAFSA, you can update your marital status on FAFSA to better reflect your ability to pay.Background on Federal Policy Instructions for Dependent FAFSA Applicants Getting Married What to Expect After You Update Your FAFSAProcessing Timeframes Verification of FAFSA Applications Calculate your EFC Name changes: We recommend that you not change your name on the FAFSA yet (if you have legally changed your name) unless you have a Social Security card in your possession that has your new name on it.Below is a list of forms available for the Financial Aid and Scholarship Office. PDF format and require Adobe Acrobat to view and print. Graduate students who wish to borrow a Grad PLUS loan will need to complete and submit the application once they have been awarded and exhausted all Unsubsidized loan limit.This form is used to notify the Financial Aid and Scholarship Office of: changes to your enrollment status, request to cancel aid, change in graduation date, etc. The application can also be found on the Federal Direct Grad PLUS Loan webpage.